VWO has received funding support through Action Aid Afghanistan, primarily from SKY foundation for strengthening mission objectives of Voice of Women Organization by supporting organizational management through building capacities and system. The funding is expected to help VAW victims to find access to justice and develop organizational /staff capacity for VWO.
OSWRP project was designed for 3 years. The first phase of the project started on July, 2013 and accomplished on July, 31, 2014. Within the first phase of the project the below outlined activities were planned and achieved successfully
- VWO staff Capacity Building Trainings.
- Translation and Orientation Training on Manuals
- Conduct of Baseline survey in 15 villages of Ghor province on cases of domestic violence such as (forced marriages, child marriages, honor killing and human trafficking)
- Translation of VWO manual (HR, Admin, Procurement and Finance) into Pashtu language
- VWO staff Capacity Building Assessment and planning for sets of trainings for staff
The second year of the project effectively started from March, 1, 2016 and will be ended on February, 28, 2017 with below specific objectives and activities.
- VWO staff capacity building/ Organizational development (policies and procedures)
- Increase awareness on women’s rights issues in Ghor province